The McHale C460 can be used to distribute bedding material quickly and efficiently leaving a thick aerated bed of straw. The McHale C460 can also be used to feed round bales of silage.
The McHale C460 bale feeder & straw blower is a versatile machine, which can be used for feeding short fibre silage and can also be used to easily distribute long fibre fodder such as hay and straw.
A key feature of the McHale C460 is its twin speed independent gearbox, which allows the operator to easily adjust the rpm from 280 rpm for feeding silage or hay up to 540 rpm for using the machine to distribute straw for bedding.
- The McHale C460 is an ideal machine for feeding silage and hay, the two speed gearbox allows silage to be distributed exactly where it is desired. The speed of the conveyor is proportionally controlled, allowing the operator to adjust feeding speed depending on material density and composition.
- The McHale C460 can be used to distribute bedding material quickly and efficiently leaving a thick aerated bed of straw. In difficult to access bedding areas, the chute on the McHale C460 can pass through 300 degrees for ease of feeding. Straw can be blown 18m on the right hand side and 13m to the left hand side of the machine.
Key Features on the McHale C460 include:
- High Torque Belt Drive Rotor
- Specially designed flywheel to facilitate good discharge and excellent clean out.
- 2 speed gearbox – to increase or reduce flywheel rpm for bedding or feeding.
- Bedding of straw up to 18 metres.
- Joystick controlled discharge chute to facilitate bedding and feeding.
- Self-loading tailgate.
- 3 stage feeding chute.
- 300-degree swivel chute.
|Minimum Horsepower||51 Kw (70Hp)|
|Unladen Weight||2015 Kg|
|Length (Door Open)||5.5 Metres|
|Length (Door Closed)||4.2 metres|
|Body Height||2.45 metres|
|Bale Chamber (W X H X L)||1350 x 1220 x 1400mm|
|Bale Capacity||2 x 1.5m diameter bales|
|Control||Electrical with joystick chute control|
|Max Discharge Distance||18 metres|
|Number of Conveyor Slats||10|
|Number of Discs on Rotor||6|
|Number of Knives||48|
|Gearbox||Twin Speed Independent|
|Rotor Drive Type||High Torque Belt Drive|
|PTO||540 with slip & over-run protection|
|Chute Rotation||300 degrees|
|Chute Composition||3 Stage|
|No. of Blower Paddles||6|
|Minimal Oil Flow||35 litres/ minute @ 160 bar|
|Tractor Hydraulics||1 x Feed, 1 x Return|