The McHale Fusion 3 Plus integrated baler wrapper consists of an 18 roller fixed chamber baler and an integrated vertical wrapping ring.The McHale Fusion 3 Plus integrated baler wrapper uses Film on Film technology to apply film to the barrel of the bale in the bale chamber. The McHale Fusion 3 Plus is a fully automatic machine which is controlled by the McHale iTouch Control Unit and also has an inbuilt camera to monitor wrapper operation.
Patented Film Application
In the development of the McHale Fusion 3 Plus, McHale realised that changes in temperature and sun light could affect the chamber wrapping film, in that, as the day got hotter or cooler the film was either being overstretched or under stretched, and this in turn would cause reliability problems and result in inefficient film use.
As a result McHale developed a patented application system which adjusts the breaking force on the roll of plastic in-line with working conditions and allows for a continuously variable stretch, which can adjust to changes in the day automatically without the operator having to adjust any settings.
The McHale patent film application system ensures consistent film stretch, reliable film application, delivers optimum bale shape and bale density. Should an operator wish to use netwrap for hay or straw this can be done with a simple adjustment.
Film on Film technology
Film on film technology refers to the application of film to the barrel of the bale in the bale chamber. The film binds the bale together as it passes from the baler to the bale wrapper, which eliminates the need for string or net wrap. The film that binds the bale together forms a wrap layer and gives better film or plastic coverage on the largest surface of the bale.
- Chamber Film Acts As A Wrapping Layer
The plastic which is added to the barrel of the bale to keep the bale together as the bale passes from the baler to the wrapper also forms part of the wrapping process and adds value by placing more plastic on the largest surface of the bale.
- Chamber Film Results In Better Shaped Bales
When plastic is applied to the barrel of the bale it can be stretched to approximately 20%. The stretch ratio is higher than what can be achieved with net wrap or twine and as a result the material is kept tighter, which ultimately results in better bale shape.
- Chamber Film Delivers Higher Quality Silage
As the plastic is being stretched as it is being applied to the barrel of the bale it expels more air than net wrap would and as a consequence results in better silage quality.
- Chamber Film Makes Recycling Easier
As plastic is used to both bind the bale in the bale chamber and to wrap the bale, on feed out the farmer will be left with one form of waste. This reduces the time needed to feed the bale and avoids the unpleasant and time consuming job of separating the twine or net wrap from the plastic before the plastic is to be recycled.
McHale Fusion 3 Plus – iTouch Control Unit
The McHale Fusion 3 Plus is a fully automatic machine which is controlled by the McHale iTouch Control Unit. The McHale “iTouch System” has a 7 inch colour touch screen monitor, which allows for increased levels of monitoring, through its colour graphic display.
The iTouch monitor features a Camera to monitor wrapper operation.
The camera can work in two modes:
- Manual monitoring
- Automatic monitoring
The iTouch control unit also has an inbuilt systems to ensure that the plastic is applied to the bale.
The operator can adjust the number of layers of film on film being applied to the bale and can also adjust the stretch of the film being applied to the bale in the bale chamber from the comfort of the tractor cab.
The operator can select, if they want:
- the knives in the chopper unit on or off
- the machine to tip or hold the wrapped bale
- a ‘bale only’ programme for hay or straw
- to record multiple bale totals
- a lube alarm
- various bale transfer options depending on ground conditions
Dimensions & Weight
- Lenght: 5.8m
- Width: 2.76/2.94m
- Height: 3.02m
- Weight: 5650kgs
- Working Width: 2100 mm
- Tine Bars: 5
- Tine Spacing: 70 mm
- Pick Up Lift: Hydraulic
- Pick Up Guide Wheels (pneumatic): Standard
- Number of Knives: 25
- Theoretical Chop Length: 46 mm
- Knife Protection: Hydraulic
- Knife Deactivation: Hydraulic from Tractor Cab
- Unblocking System: Drop Floor
- Number of Rollers: 18
- Diameter: 1.25m
- Width: 1.23 m
- Greasing: Progressive
- Bearings 50mm
Bale Chamber Wrap
- Type: Plastic or Net
- Layer Adjustment: InCab
- Wrap Roll Capacity: 1+1 Storage
- Wrap System: Infinite Stretch
- Control: Manual or Automatic
- System: Vertical Wrapping Ring
- Film Storage: 10 Rolls & 2 on the Wrapper
- Film Layers: 2+2+2 System
- Dispensers: 70%2 x 750mm
- Film Stretch: 70% standard (55% optional)
- Gearbox: Split Drive
- Main Drive Protection: Cam Clutch
- Pick Up Protection: Slip Clutch
- Chain Lubrication: Progressive
- Control System: i Touch System
- Operation: Fully Automatic Electronic
- Density Adjustment: On Baler Valve
- Inbuilt Camera: Standard
- Tyre Sizes: 560/60R 22.5 (standard) 650/50R 22.5 (optional)
- Electronics: 12 Volt DC, 7 amp approx.
- Minimum Hydraulic Flow: 45 litres/ min at 180 bar
- Hydraulic System: Open, Closed or Load Sensing
- Minimum PTO Power Requirements: 80kW (107hp)
*Width will depend on tyre selection.
**Bearings are 50mm double raced on the main load points