Slurry Injection Unit
The MAJOR 5.2m Disc Injector is a combined soil fertilising and furrowing machine with a working depth from 20mm (3/4”) to 60mm (2 1/2”).
A powerful Vogelsang macerator delivers slurry evenly through 40mm pipes. The slurry is inserted into slits created by the spring steel self sharpening cutting disks. The unit folds hydraulically giving a 2.4m transport width.
The MAJOR Disc Injector operates best in grass/stubble of a height between 60-100mm (2 1/4 – 4”). When working, the spring loaded discs create slits of 20-60mm deep which are completely filled with slurry. The slurry is only visible as narrow strips between the grass. The distance between the slits is 200mm (8”).
Disc steerage allows the operator steer around objects or obstacles. The MAJOR Disc Injector can be used in conjunction with the MAJOR Turbo Pump system. This unique pump acts as an inlet macerator insuring that all materials are finely chopped. For operator safety all wearing parts are easily accessable for maintenance.
- Vogelsang macerator, world leaders in macerator manufacturing. The ExaCut Macerator is fitted with an integrated foreign body separator to prevent blockages. It also has self sharpening knives for reduced maintenance times.
- Fully galvanised frame for long life machine
- Robust build with a hydraulically folding frame, folding to 2.4m for safe transportation
- 300mm self sharpening discs for low maintenance
- Discs spaced at 200mm intervals to give even distribution of slurry and maximum allocation of nutrients
- Automatic mechanical shut off to prevent spillages and reduce leaf damage
- Mechanical suspension to reduce wear and ensure that the discs follow the ground contours evenly
- Hydraulic linkage depth control to allow the operator work at the required depth
- Splash plate can be used even with the disc injector still attached to the tanker.
- Four point linkage of the injector unit for easy attachment and removal of the unit when not in use
- Full road lighting kit for safe road work
Disc Injector – Specifications
|Hydraulic Requirement||50 – 70 litre/min @ 230 bar max|
|Spread Capacity||10 – 30 m3 / ha|
|Working Depth||20 – 60 mm|