This is the specialist tandem slurry tanker range from MAJOR. All MAJOR tankers are constructed from 6mm steel for maximum strength. These tankers sit upon high specification commercial axles. There are steering and standard axle options available, depending on your requirements.
The MAJOR Tandem Tanker is unique in design, in that the barrel is supported by a separate chassis. The position of the axle relative to the machine length means that a perfect balance is achieved with 80% of the weight running on the tanker’s axle and the remainder being carried on the tractor drawbar.
As with all MAJOR tankers, the tank is baffled to prevent ‘wave’ motions during transport. It is mounted on wide support pads to spread the weight reducing tension and stress. These tankers are supplied with a galvanised finish as standard. A painted finish is available as an optional extra.
- 6mm drum for increased strength
- Heavy duty chassis to support the tanker
- Wear plates under the tanker absorb the shocks and prevent cracking
- Internal supports on the wheel arches strengthen the tanker where arches have been cut out. This prevents cracking.
- Stepped down back door for easy cleaning and access
- Rubber buffers to absorb shocks during road work.
- LED lights option available
- Swivel hitch to give less wear on the hitch and hitch eye.
- Battioni pumps are used on all tankers. These are a worldwide recognised quality pump with parts readily available.
- Shearbolt PTO shaft to protect the pump in the event of blockages.
- High speed commercial axle rated up to 100km/hr for safer road use with the ability to brake safely and securely even at high speeds
- Extensive choice of optional extras and tyre options. Please download the literature above for full specifications
- Bogey axle allows hi-speed travel safely and comfortably.
Tandem Axle Tanker – Specifications
|OA Length (Hitch to coupling ball)||7.0m||7.1m||7.7m||8.65m||9.35m|
|OA Width (Tyre dependant)||2.45m||2.45m||2.7m||2.7m||2.7m|
|OA Height (Add tractor hitch)||3.3m||3.4m||3.3m||3.4m||3.4m|
|Weight (Empty)||4350 Kg||4450 Kg||4700 Kg||5020 Kg||5600 Kg|
|Weight (Full)||13997 Kg||15746 Kg||18358 Kg||21277 Kg||24113 Kg|
|550/60-22.5 (Steering axle)||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|560/60-22.5 (Steering axle)||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|750/45-22.5 (Steering axle)||N/A||N/A||Yes||Yes||Yes|