Amazing strength to weight ratio Both models are strongly built for efficient low cost ploughing in medium to heavy soil conditions.
- unrivalled Kverneland Auto-Reset system for ED, shearbolt protection for the LD. Vibromat system for LD HD (Heavy Duty)
- manual furrow width adjustment by reposition only 1 bolt. 30 to 50 cm (12” to 20”)
- optional hydraulic cylinder for “on the move” front furrow width adjustment
- available frame alignment cylinder to reduce tractor stress
- Packomat compatible
- wide choice of accessories
- 2 to 6 furrows
Unique frame robustness ED / LD
Importance of heat treatment
- The frame is an essential part of the plough construction. For Kverneland quality standards, a non heat treated part is a weak part!
- Kverneland frames are heat treated by induction twice. The temperature transfer to the steel is closely monitored. The frame gains 3 times as much strength. This unique Kverneland induction processes provides robustness and flexibility while ensuring an outstanding durability.
Stronger but not heavier
- For the equivalent Kverneland robustness, competitors would use more steel in thickness or in dimensions, therefore producing a heavier frame.
- Heavier frame impacts negatively pulling forces, wearing of parts, lifting capacities, tractor life time, and fuel consumption.
- Weldings are also a critical weakness for a plough frame. Kverneland frames are supplied as one sole part!
- 100 x 200mm with head stock 200
- Heavy Duty version: 120 x 200mm with head stock 300
- available in 3 to 6 furrows, depending on interbody clearance; extendable by 1 furrow max. 6 F.
Eliminates Vibrations in the Harshest Conditions
Kverneland is the first company to find a clever and simple solution. The Vibromat is a very efficient shock absorber working like a car shock absorber. Available for LD and RN ploughs (mechanical furrow width adjustment)
- better ploughing in extreme soil conditions, without stones
- improves ploughing confort to the tractor driver
- protects the plough and the tractor from excessive wear..
- the legs are fitted with shearbolts for additional safety.
Excellent Ploughing QualityThey are renowned all over the world for their:
- excellent ploughing quality
- outstanding wear resistance
- low draft requirements
Bodies of a unique steel.Kverneland Technology: 12 hours carburising heat treatment process for:
- optimum wear resistance (sharp as a diamond)
- the necessary flexibility to absorb impacts
Unbeatable in stony conditions !
Kvernelands fully automatic non-stop Auto-Reset System is unbeatable when it comes to trouble-free ploughing in stony conditions. The clever multi-leaf spring system allows the plough legs to release over stones and other solid objects in a smooth and efficient manner. This avoids sudden jolts and possible damage. Once the obstruction is passed, the plough body automatically returns to the correct ploughing depth.
With today’s demands for higher output, both tractor and plough are expected to perform quicker than ever. This makes more arduous demands on the equipment, particularly on the safety systems designed to protect tractors, ploughs and drivers against the dangers encountered whenever the plough meets hidden obstructions in the ground. The Kverneland Auto-Reset system guaranties this safety high standars requirements.
Adaptable to varying soil conditions
Depending of the type of soil all Kverneland ploughs can be equipped with different leaf springs packages. For soft soils, a normal spring with 5 leaves is the best choice to obtain the perfect ploughing in stony conditions. Today, most Kverneland ploughs are delivered with the Heavy Duty springs package (HD) with 7 leaves. This will perform well in most conditions. If the soil is very hard and stony – a double leaf spring package is recommended.
Extra leaves when needed
The standard Auto-Reset system includes 7 Kverneland heat treated springs (640Kp).
For heavier to extreme soil conditions, extra leaf springs are added for up to 1400kp.
The leaves are easily fixed with one central bolt only.
Individual body release !
The Kverneland mechanical Auto-Reset system enables very plough body to release independently. A quality ploughing is therefore guaranteed.
Minimum wear and high second hand value
Kverneland’s Auto-Reset System is a quite simple construction that withstands the punishing forces year in, year out, with a minimum of maintenance. Save time and money !
Moreover, the Kverneland auto-reset system guarantees a longer life to the plough. When hitting an obstacle, the pressure on the point, frame, plough parts, decreases. The stress on Kverneland ploughs is therefore reduced. Consequently, second hand Kverneland ploughs sell at a higher value than competitors ploughs.
*by using an Hydraulic system, pressure would increase
Kverneland Heat Treatment Technology:
- more than 130 years of experience
- steels that withstand the toughest of conditions
- best robustness/weight ratio on the market
- for equivalent robustness, competitors would add more steel and therefore more weight, quicker wear, dissappointing ploughing results
- Benefits from less weight:
easier to pull/lower fuel consumption/lower lift requirement/reduced wear and stress for the tractor/more economical …
- Benefits from more resistance:
minimum breakage/less maintenance/lower rotation for wearing parts/time saving/highest 2nd hand plough value/longer life for the plough/more economical…
|Model||Interbody clearance cm||Head stock||Type of beam||Working Width cm||Under beam clearance cm||No Furrow|
|ED||85/100||200||Auto-reset||30 – 50||70/75||3 – 5|
|ED||115||200||“||40 – 55||70/75||3 – 4|
|ED||85/100||300||“||30 – 50||70/75||4 – 6|
|ED||115||300||“||40 – 55||70/75||4 – 5|
|LD||85/100||200||Shearbolt||30 – 50||70/80||3 – 5|
|LD||115||200||Shearbolt||40 – 55||70/80||2 – 4|
|LD||85/100||300||Shearbolt||30 – 45||70/80||4 – 6|
|LD||115||300||Shearbolt||40 – 55||70/80||4 – 5|