Alpine Slurry Tankers
The Alpine tanker design is based on the contractor LGP specification, but with a dropped axle to give a low centre of gravity. This results in less ground pressure than standard axle tankers and minimal ground damage even in wet conditions.
There are three sizes available: 2150, 2300 and 2670 Gallons. As with all MAJOR tankers, the inside is baffled to prevent wave motions and improve operator safety.
- Industrial specification axle
- Hydraulic braking
- Removable footing
- Vessel fully reinforced inside to compensate for wheel arches
- Primary and secondary traps to protect pump
- Rubber buffer suspension drawbar
- Swivel hitch and foldable PTO stand
- Full road lighting kit
- Painted finish as standard. A galvinished finish is available as an optional extra.
- 6mm drum for increased strength
- Full length heavy duty chassis independent of the tanker – to ensure even transfer of the load
- In addition to internal supports, there are extra supports running directly between the wheels hubs to increase strength on the stepped axle and prevent flexing
- Unique industrial specification stepped axle to lower the centre of gravity for greater stability. This also reduces wear on the tyres by up to 25%.
- The tanker is fully baffled to prevent wave motions for smoother and safer towing.
- Primary and secondary trap to protect the pump from getting damaged
- Rubber buffer system on the drawbar to prevent cracking and extend the life of the tanker
- LED lights option available
- Swivel hitch to give less wear on the hitch and hitch eye.
- Battioni pumps are used on all tankers. These are a worldwide recognised quality pump with parts readily available.
“We’ve had a number of different makes of tanker before we found the Major tanker and it has been excellent. Because it has a special rubber buffer suspension on the drawbar, it’s more comfortable for the operator.”
Daniel James, Stepaside Contractors
Alpine Slurry Tankers – Specifications
The Alpine LPG tankers are supplied with four fill points as standard: three of them are blanked.
|OA Length (Hitch to coupling ball)||6.5m||6.8m||7.4m|
|OA Width (Tyre dependant)||2.6m||2.6m||2.7m|
|OA Height (Add tractor hitch)||3.2m||3.2m||3.2m|
|Weight (Empty)||3856 Kg||4130 Kg||4300 Kg|
|Weight (Full)||13603 Kg||14770 Kg||16500 Kg|