The McHale Rs4 bale splitter and wrap retainer is a versatile solution for farmers who want to feed round bales efficiently. The Rs4 can split the bale, dispense the fodder at the feed area, retain the plastic and net wrap and release it at the recycling area.
The McHale Rs4 bale splitter is a versatile machine, which can be used to :
- Remove the bale from the stack
- Transport the bale to the feeding site
- Split the bale, while retaining the net wrap and plastic
- Bring the net wrap and plastic to the disposal or recycling area
- Push in the silage
This means the farmer can get all their work done with the McHale Rs4, without ever having to leave the safety or comfort of the tractor cab.
The McHale Rs4 is a simple machine where one spool simultaneously controls the knife and gripper arms.When the knife is moved to its highest point, the gripper arms move to their outer most position, to either facilitate bale loading or plastic and net release,after the fodder is dispensed.
- The McHale Rs4 can quickly and efficiently take bales from the stack, without damaging surrounding bales.
- The McHale Rs4 takes the bale as it sits in the stack, this is the machines natural splitting position, which eliminates the need to drive around the bale and reposition the machine before splitting.
- Once the bale is out of the stack the operator can move the knife down, this will automatically move the gripper arms under the bale. This secures the bale for transport to the feeding area.
- At the feeding area the operator can split the bale. The knife is controlled by a large hydraulic ram, which powers the knife to easily cut through the plastic, net wrap and fodder.
- When the knife cuts the plastic and fodder, the two halves of the bale separate and the plastic and net wrap is forced down onto the gripper arms by the weight of the fodder.When the knife cuts the plastic and fodder, the two halves of the bale separate and the plastic and net wrap is forced down onto the gripper arms by the weight of the fodder.
- The loader can then be tilted so that the fodder effortlessly falls to the feeding area.
- The McHale Rs4 bale splitter can be used to feed bales in the field, in feed passages or into tub or diet feeders.
- For tub or diet feeders, wrapped bales no longer need to be cut by hand, which makes it easier and safer to fi ll feeders directly.
- After the fodder is dispensed, the McHale Rs4 can transport the plastic & net wrap to the recycling area. At the recycling area the wrap material can be automatically released by simply moving the cutting knife to its highest position.
- The McHale RS4 makes feeding easier.
- Transport Lenght (Knife Down): 2.25m/7’5″
- Transport Width (Tines Retracted): 1.42m/4’8″
- Total Height (Knife Up): 2.35m/7’9″
- Total Height (Knife Down): 0.84m/2’11”
- Weight: 375Kg/826lb
- Hydraulics: One Double Service
- Minimum Hydraulic Pressure: 150 bar/2,175 PSI
- Maximum Hydraulic Pressure: 200 bar/2,900 PSI
- Minimum Hydraulic Flow: 10L/min, 2.2gal/min
- Maximum Bale Weight: 1200Kg/2,646lbs