Easily adaptable to different soils and tractors
The interbody clearance of 85cm or 100cm gives the possibility to plough regardless of weather or crop conditions.
The front part construction makes it adaptable to any tractors.
- Kverneland steel and heat treatment technology to the complete plough !
- reduced lift requirements compared to other brands
- easy to pull
- easy to adjust and to operate
- unrivalled Auto-reset system for ES, shearbolt protection for LS
- equipped with Variomat – Vari-width® system for “on the Move” ploughing width adjustments
- Packomat compatible
- any 3,4,5 furrow models can be extended by 1 furrow. 3 to max. 6 furrow plough
Unique frame robustness ES / LS
Importance of heat treatment
- The frame is an essential part of the plough construction. For Kverneland quality standards, a non heat treated part is a weak part!
- Kverneland frames are heat treated by induction twice. The temperature transfer to the steel is closely monitored. The frame gains 3 times as much strength. This unique Kverneland induction processes provides robustness and flexibility while ensuring an outstanding durability.
Stronger but not heavier
- For the equivalent Kverneland robustness, competitors would use more steel in thickness or in dimensions, therefore producing a heavier frame.
- Heavier frame impacts negatively pulling forces, wearing of parts, lifting capacities, tractor life time, and fuel consumption.
- Weldings are also a critical weakness for a plough frame. Kverneland frames are supplied as one sole part!
- 100 x 150mm for 3, 4, 5 furrows, extendable by 1 furrow max. 5 F. plough
- ES available in 3, 4, 5 furrows, extendable by 1 body, max. 5 F plough
- LS available in 3, 4 furrows, extendable by 1 body, max. 4 F plough
Vari-Width® (Variomat) System
Stepless Vari-width® system for infinite adjustments of working width, from 30 to 50 cm (12 to 20”) depending on models. Kverneland’s world patented system is available either with hydraulic or mechanical furrow adjustments.
- Easy variation of ploughing capacity
- Perfect match at all time between tractor capacity, implement and soil conditions
- Time saving: up to 30% more capacity
- Cost saving: up to 18% reduction in fuel consumption in relation with increased ploughing capacity
- Better work: plough up to the hedges, fences, trees and ditches
- Minimum wear: unique non-wearing linkage joint between the beams and the mainframe section
- Perfect line of pull at all time. Kverneland’s Vari-width offers the correct parallel linkage along the whole plough. Therefore, lower draft requirement, minimum wear and tear.
Excellent Ploughing Quality
They are renowned all over the world for their:
- excellent ploughing quality
- outstanding wear resistance
- low draft requirements
Bodies of a unique steel.
Kverneland Technology: 12 hours carburising heat treatment process for:
- optimum wear resistance (sharp as a diamond)
- the necessary flexibility to absorb impacts
Unbeatable in stony conditions !
Kvernelands fully automatic non-stop Auto-Reset System is unbeatable when it comes to trouble-free ploughing in stony conditions. The clever multi-leaf spring system allows the plough legs to release over stones and other solid objects in a smooth and efficient manner. This avoids sudden jolts and possible damage. Once the obstruction is passed, the plough body automatically returns to the correct ploughing depth.
With today’s demands for higher output, both tractor and plough are expected to perform quicker than ever. This makes more arduous demands on the equipment, particularly on the safety systems designed to protect tractors, ploughs and drivers against the dangers encountered whenever the plough meets hidden obstructions in the ground. The Kverneland Auto-Reset system guaranties this safety high standars requirements.
Adaptable to varying soil conditions
Depending of the type of soil all Kverneland ploughs can be equipped with different leaf springs packages. For soft soils, a normal spring with 5 leaves is the best choice to obtain the perfect ploughing in stony conditions. Today, most Kverneland ploughs are delivered with the Heavy Duty springs package (HD) with 7 leaves. This will perform well in most conditions. If the soil is very hard and stony – a double leaf spring package is recommended.
Extra leaves when needed
The standard Auto-Reset system includes 7 Kverneland heat treated springs (640Kp).
For heavier to extreme soil conditions, extra leaf springs are added for up to 1400kp.
The leaves are easily fixed with one central bolt only.
Individual body release !
The Kverneland mechanical Auto-Reset system enables very plough body to release independently. A quality ploughing is therefore guaranteed.
Minimum wear and high second hand value
Kverneland’s Auto-Reset System is a quite simple construction that withstands the punishing forces year in, year out, with a minimum of maintenance. Save time and money !
Moreover, the Kverneland auto-reset system guarantees a longer life to the plough. When hitting an obstacle, the pressure on the point, frame, plough parts, decreases. The stress on Kverneland ploughs is therefore reduced. Consequently, second hand Kverneland ploughs sell at a higher value than competitors ploughs.
*by using an Hydraulic system, pressure would increase
Kverneland Heat Treatment Technology:
- more than 130 years of experience
- steels that withstand the toughest of conditions
- best robustness/weight ratio on the market
- for equivalent robustness, competitors would add more steel and therefore more weight, quicker wear, dissappointing ploughing results
- Benefits from less weight:
easier to pull/lower fuel consumption/lower lift requirement/reduced wear and stress for the tractor/more economical …
- Benefits from more resistance:
minimum breakage/less maintenance/lower rotation for wearing parts/time saving/highest 2nd hand plough value/longer life for the plough/more economical…
|Model||Interbody clearance cm||Head stock||Type of beam||Working width cm||Under beam clearance||No of furrows|
|ES||85/100||200||Auto-reset||30 – 50||70/75||3 – 6|
|LS||85/100||200||Shearbolt||30 – 50||70/80||3 – 6|
|LS||115||200||Shearbolt||35 – 55||70/80||3 – 4|